Thursday, April 7, 2011

My Life Story - Part 4

My mom's health started to go down south. She was losing so much weight, her hair was falling out, and she was losing all of her energy. It was so bad at one point that she was placed in a hospital for a little over a week. While the relationship with Amber was falling off, I started talking to a girl I met at church. A few months ago I had a run in with her, and we ended up disliking each other, but something about this night just clicked. She was upset. Tears ran down her face and I felt like I needed to comfort her. So I did. Then when I got home I had a message on Myspace from her. She was shocked that I was comforting her. Everyone was. After a few hours of talking to each other, we started dating. We dated for about 3 months and we werent afraid to let people know it. Two people who hated each other started to fall in "love". Love was an overrated word with us. We threw it around like it was a football at a pick-up game. We ended up sleeping together and we had a huge pregnancy situation. I got a phone call one night and she told me that she was late. She was late and went in to a doctor later that week and had the ultrasound. I got to see my possible son or daughter. I was excited. Me. A kid with his life completely wrecked was having a child. Little Michael or Amanda. I couldnt wait...Until I got to church a week later. She pulled me aside and told me that there was no more Michael or Amanda. She went and "took care" of it. I was devastated.  I know I was too young to fall in love and have a child, but I really wanted one. My mom's health got better for the time being. We turned her bedroom into a look-a-like of a hospital room and she was on bed rest. She was so drained of her strength and energy, we had her in diapers. My mom was 37 at this time and in a battle for her life. She at one point of her sickness was back in the hospital and it felt like she wasnt ever coming home. My mom being the strong faithful woman she is battled through. She came home and her strength was increasing. She was able to carry on a somewhat normal life. My mother, who was starting to look like cancer was winning, was able to look death in the eye and telling him that it wasnt her time, and with her surgery date near, she was winning. She was about to rid of the cancer completely. While my mom's health was getting so much better, my relationship was getting worse. The whole pregnancy situation has done a number on our relationship and we broke up in October. I was devastated. I was falling for this girl and right as it was getting serious, she backed out for someone else. I spent multiple days just sitting around my house and not talking to anyone because I didnt want to deal with people. On top of it all, my brother, who was serving our country, was able to get a medical discharge. He was home. My brother, who has been a best friend to me for my whole life, has come home to take the stress off and help take care of mom. November came and my mom's surgery date was here. I couldnt go up to be there for the surgery because I had work to do at church. My mom was completely understanding about it and I couldnt wait to see her when she got home. As I was getting ready to go to the church to work for a drug awareness program, I was worried out of my mind like every 16 year old kid would be, I stumbled across a Bible verse. Philippians 4:6. A Bible verse that I found out would change my life and be my center piece of life. God has hit me with his best shot. Philippians 4:6 says; "Dont worry about anything, instead pray about everything. Ask God for what you need, and thank him for everything you have." God has opened my eyes. All my worries were suddenly gone. I knew that my mom was in the greatest care in the world. I knew that she would be fine and one day would lead a healthy happy life. I got home later that night amd I received great news. My mom's surgery was a success. But she needed a colostomy bag. She carried around a bag on her for 6 months. Cancer wasnt winning, but it wasnt going down without a fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment