Tuesday, April 12, 2011

My Life Story - Part 7

As I was getting ready to start college during the summer, life was starting to look great. I was playing full seasons in a church softball league, I was playing with my best friend Ian, and Ian was starting to date the girl he fell in love with on the spot at our first game of the season. As soon as he saw her, his jaw dropped so fast, there was a hole halfway to China. It took 4 of us to pick his jaw up. Life was good. I was in college. First day of summer courses started off with a bang. Not a good bang, but a bang. I was set up for grant to pay for my classes, and when I got to the campus, I went to the book store to go get my books. Sounds like a very easy task right? Well it wasnt. Financial Aid has messed up my whole payment. I didnt receive my grant and I couldnt pay for my books or classes. After a long back and forth with the bookstore cashier, I noticed three things. One, I had to go talk to the financial aid office and figure out what was wrong. Two, I have a huge anger problem. After the back and forth with the cashier, I told her to go F*$k herself. And Three, State College Of Florida was the start of my college problems. The financial aid office told me that they would hold my classes until I got my grant money.  They said a week and they only held them for two days. So a week later, I went to class to find out that they dropped me from the class, and me showing up made me resign up for the class, and I would have had to pay for the class the second time. After I heard that news, it was bad news bears for the financial aid office. I sat in the chair across the desk and I was pissed. The lady printed out a paper that says she held my classes on May 11th of 2010...for two days. Some hold right? Sounds like she is reliable. As I was telling her that she lied and messed up on her hold, she kept denying it. My face was turning red and I was looking like I was going to choke her. I was about to. I was ready. But I held off. I didnt jump the desk and kill someone who needed to be fired. So I decided to give up on that college. I just stopped going. I didnt want to deal with their constant B.S. I went to Edison State College to try again at a new and closer college. I went from a college in Venice Florida, to a college in Punta Gorda Forida. I lived 20 minutes from Edison and 45 from SCF. I went into Edison and I got the registration forms and I was set to start classes in August. Until SCF struck again. I needed my official transcript, and SCF was the place to go. It was 7 bucks to get it and I paid it and made the drive to get it. After they gave it to me, I took it to Edison. Edison called me a few days later telling me that I needed a new transcript because my classes were incomplete. I got my transcript the day the grades went in the books officially, and they never updated my transcript. So I had to go back and make the 45 minute drive again to pay 7 more bucks for a piece of paper. I was set to start classes in 3 days, and it took the transcript 5 days to process and mail to me. You can do the math. Something was wrong there and I wasnt excited for it. I looked like it was gonna be a long school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment