Thursday, April 14, 2011

My Life Story - Part 8 (The Final Part)

As I was about to start classes at Edison, I was in a giant pickle. I couldnt get my books because of SCF. They messed up on my transcript which forced a hold on my grant money. I was able to start classes but I didnt have books to use to do my class work. So at the start of the classes, I was already behind and aggravated. It took two weeks to get my transcript, have it processes at Edison, and get my holds lifted so I can get my books. So after being behind 2 weeks of school work, I was screwed. For those who havent been to college or are planning to go, Dont get behind in ANY of the work. It is near impossible to catch up. I was able to do it in one of my three classes. After getting through half the semester, I decided to drop a class. I dropped my creative writing class, the one class I was enjoying. I couldnt catch up on the work, and it was that or fail completely. I kept my psychology and my English class. My psychology class was way ahead of me and I tried my ass off to catch up, but I couldnt. I ended up failing that class, and my reading class, I caught up on the work but I ended up failing my final by 6%. Talk about my luck. I shook it off and was ready for the winter break and the spring semester. I took my month long winter break and was ready to start my second semester. On the first day, my car broke down, and my grant money didnt got through. So I was forced to drop my spring classes and wait for the summer semester. To go back to the previous semester, I took out a loan to help on the who financial aid problems. It wasnt that big of a loan so I knew it wouldnt come back to bite me in the ass. But you can only guess what happened. Around March, they sent me a letter in the mail telling me that my loan has to be paid back. I was screwed again. The little things in life have come back to get me. $1,750 in a loan that I have to pay back. Its middle of April now and my payments start in July. Talk about stressful. I cant find work because this economy is terrible. The job I have now it anything lower than part time. I work maybe 4 days a month and get paid 8 bucks an hour. I never work more than 3 hours a day. There are even times I got 5-6 weeks without working. So this job cant help me in anyway. And for me, the ultimate nail in the coffin of a rough life is that since the beginning of this whole downward spiral I call my life, Ive had only 2 really good friends. Ive had Ian and Tim. Tim has left to go serve our country in the Navy. He actually left Monday. Then there is Ian. We are still best friends, but his job and his girlfriend take up most of his time, so hanging out with him comes maybe 3 times a month. Still talk almost every night. So most of the time Im left here alone with my thoughts. The exact place a man doesnt want to be for too long. Im there from the time I wake up, to the time I fall asleep every day of every week.

The messed up part of this whole story is; if I could go back and change what would happen, I wouldnt. Everything that has happened to me has happened for a reason and it has made me the man that I am today. My mom's cancer turned me closer to God. My torn ACL opened my eyes and let me know that I needed to go out and have a real career. And my college failures have told me that I will get knocked on my ass all the time, and I just need to get right back up and go until it happens again.

So my terrible life from 2005 up to today sucked, but it was a huge help in making me who I am today.

And this marks the end for my life story. Now on to other blogs. Like sports, music, video games, the comedy side of my life, the good time, maybe more bad times as they come, and my walk with Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment