Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Little Things Pay Off

    Do the litte things and they will pay off. Im telling you this from personal experience. The little things you can do will pay off big.
    I was engaged to a sweet beautiful girl named Allison, and she loved the little things. She was a waitress at Beef-O-Brady's and I was a skater. She got up around noon and left for work every day, and I was up til 4 or 5 AM, then I went out skating around 8. I always made sure she had fresh coffee when she woke up. (Coffee pot was on a timer. Gotta love those things.) I left note for her to see when she woke up and got ready for work. I made her breakfast on the mornings she was awake when I got out of bed. I made her french toast from scratch. I did the little things to make a relationship work.
    My favorite little thing was the time we were laying on the couch and she looked up at me and told me that she wanted to watch a movie. TV was boring that night. Always is. So I told her that I would grab 3 or 4 movies and let her pick from them. Well, I grabbed the wrong movies. So I went back to the other room to get a few more movies, and I decided to go with another option. I picked up the entire movie shelf and I carried to her to pick the movie she wanted to watch.
    Its the little things that will get you far in life and in relationships. So many little things will add up to be a big deal. Good or bad, the little things will add up to be big. Dont be afraid to do the little things. They might be to do the laundry, make dinner, wash dishes after dinner, vacuum the living room, make the bed, give a massage, leave little cute notes for him/her, or even a kiss on the cheek at random moments, Do the little things. They matter big. You may not think that, but they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment